Oct 19, 2020
The 2020 boating season is wrapping up, but we still have some great new and used boats to help you fulfill your dreams for next summer!
As we continue to live, work and boat in the midst of COVID-19, we remind all of our customers that we’re doing business differently than in the past.
If you are planning a visit to Crate's we ask that you kindly arrange an appointment with us ahead of time and read the following document before you come.
What to expect when you come to Crate’s for an appointment (PDF)
Please be aware that the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit has mandated the wearing of face masks at all times while indoors in public spaces, including businesses like ours. We will be enforcing this regulation effective immediately and ask that bring your own face mask when you come to our dealership.
Hours of Operation
In an effort to protect staff, customers and their families from COVID-19 we are implementing the following measures, effective immediately.
- Enforcing 2-meter physical distancing with staff, customers and suppliers
- Limiting the number of customers entering our facility to one person at a time
- Restricting walk-in traffic
- Posting COVID-19 prevention signage throughout our facilities
- Requiring sales and service appointments to be pre-booked
- Continuing phone and email parts ordering with curbside pickup
- Limiting in-person interactions and switching to digital correspondence wherever possible
- Utilizing digital document signing
- Outfitting staff with non-surgical masks and gloves when required
- Providing customers with non-surgical masks and gloves when physical distancing not possible
- Implementing enhanced facility cleaning and sanitation, focusing on high-touch areas
- Sanitizing boats after completion of service
- Recommending minimum 48 hour waiting period before using your boat after pickup+
- Providing staff with mandatory COVID-19 hazard awareness training
- Placing barriers at our reception, service and parts counters
- Providing hand sanitizer and gloves to customers picking up their boats
- Encouraging customers to wear their own non-surgical masks at all times for their protection
- Implementing touchless pick-up and delivery processes offered by appointment only for sales, service and storage customers – procedural instructions to be emailed in advance
- Boat viewing and in-person purchase available by appointment only
- To book an appointment call 705-327-9741 Ext 29 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New service bookings, pick-ups and deliveries by appointment only
- To schedule service call 705-327-9741 Ext 33 or email email@example.com
- Parts quotes and orders by telephone or email only with curbside pick-up
- To order parts call 705-327-9741 Ext 30 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offices are closed to the public
- For accounting inquiries call 705-327-9741 Ext 21 or email email@example.com
- Payment for all accounts required in advance
- Payments restricted to credit card, e-transfer or wire payment until further notice
- Cash payments will not be accepted
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this unprecedented situation. We value your business and are working hard to minimize delays in getting your boat delivered while ensuring staff and customers remain safe and healthy!