What is a Certified Dealer? Boating Ontario Dealer members are registered boat brokers
and dealers who belong to an association that has the highest standards of service
in the recreational boating industry in Ontario. All registered Boating Ontario
Dealer members have committed to abide by very strict Terms of Reference (see below)
and Code of Ethics (see below) in the conduct of their business.
The objectives of the Association are:
- To unite those engaged in the yacht brokerage and recreational boating marine dealer
business in Ontario for the purpose of promoting cooperation and professionalism
among its members;
- To create, promote, and maintain a high standard of conduct in the transacting of
the yacht brokerage and dealer business;
- To instill into the boating public a greater confidence in yacht brokers and marine
- To provide a forum to address current issues (whether governmental; commercial)
as they arise and pertain to the yacht brokerage business;
- To provide a forum for the boat buying/selling public to find a resolution with
regard to issues concerning yacht brokers and dealers.
All Boating Ontario Dealer members must employ at least one Boating Ontario Certified
Professional on their staff. In order to become a Boating Ontario Certified Professional
the individual must have met the following requirements:
- Worked as a boating professional for a Boating Ontario Dealer for at least one year.
- Successfully completed a training course and passed the Georgian College "Marine
Sales Professional" Examination or passed the Certified Professional Yacht Brokers
examination offered by the Yacht Brokers Association of America (YBAA).